Founder’s Message To Muslim Parents
FOUNDER’S MESSAGE TO MUSLIM PARENTS
Sub: NOOR CENTRE FOR LEARNING QUR’AN.
Respected Parents of Muslim children living abroad:
اَلسـلامُ عَلَیکُم وَ رَحمَہُ اللہ وَ بَرَ کَاتُہُ
I bow my head on ground in gratitude to Almighty Allah for having enabled me in a spirit of sacrifice and dedication to start online teaching of Holy Qur’an under the nomenclature of NOOR CENTER FOR LEARNING QUR’AN which has been launched on internet since Rajab 1, 1432 Hijri( 4th June, 2011).The captioned Center is a non-sectarian, non-political, non-governmental and non-profitable global enterprise for free online teaching of Holy Qur’an to Muslim children and adults throughout the world in pursuit of Holy Prophet’s صلى اللہ عليہ وسلم Hadith:
(خَیرُکُم مَن تَعَلـمَ القُرآنَ وَ عَلَمَہُ(بخاری شریف)
“The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’an himself and teaches it to others.” (Bukhari). Again
(بَلِغُوا عَنِی وَ لَواآیَۃ(مسلم شریفَ)
“Convey unto me (i.e Prophet) even if it be only one verse”. (Muslim)
- This writer (who is a humble founder of NOOR CENTRE) was motivated to undertake this noble venture by the following two non-forgettable incidents:
In 1980, he happened to attend an Islamic Seminar in Brazil under the auspices of WAMY designed to create awareness among Muslim youth to learn and faithfully practice DEEN for their own good and for showing straight path to an erring section of humanity. After attending the Seminar, he proceeded to several Latin American countries (besides visits to USA, UK, Spain, Italy, Kenya, Ethiopia, Korea and Thailand etc) to find out the condition, problems and requirements of Muslims for learning and practicing their religion (which is a complete code of life) in the true spirit of Islamic Brotherhood. He prepared a comprehensive Report on the Muslims Living in Latin America which was later on sent to Tablighi Markaz, Raiwind (Distt. Lahore) where it was highly appreciated by the elders who sent Jamaats to these countries according to their understanding of the situation. By the grace of Allah, the process continues unabated.
- Surprisingly there are more Muslims in Argentina and Brazil than in U.S.A. and Canada put together. They are mostly of Arab origin having been settled there after 1st and 2nd World Wars. They came there in search of employment opportunities and better living and got settled there after marrying native women. Consequently their children have hardly any knowledge about Islam and are Muslims merely in name. They urgently need to be enlightened about the teachings of Qur’an through Internet.
- While the writer was in Argentina during this journey, he was invited to dinner by Director, Islamic Center, Buenos Aires who escorted him to his residence and again accompanied him on his way back for night stay at the Islamic Center. When the Director was about to depart from the Center, he received a telephonic call from a responsible member of Muslim community in a town situated about 150 kilometers from the capital (Buenos Aires) requesting for his burial services in respect of a deceased Muslim. The Director told him that it was simply not possible for him to travel such a long distance at night as he had no personal transport and the town was far away from the capital. This was despite the heart-rending fact that Muslim community in that town had lived there for decades but unfortunately had no idea of giving bath to the deceased person and arranging burial according to Islamic regulations. With the result that the deceased Muslim was buried without proper Islamic ceremony and Dua. (This is not a lone case because there may be hundreds of such examples around the world as the Ummah is scattered throughout the globe.)
- The above incident took place over thirty years ago (i.e.1980). Now thanks to ALLAH, because of information technology (IT), we can teach Qur’an and basic Islamic rules of life starting from birth up to last funeral prayers etc to Muslims in far flung areas throughout the world. Unless we take advantage of this advance technology, future Muslim generations will continue to grope in the dark for which we will be held accountable before Allah Subhana hoo wa Tala.
- The second event took place in 1985 during the reign of late President Zia-Ul-Haq. An elderly scholar from Turkey who had some past acquaintance with the Pakistan’s President urged him to take advantage of fast growing cordial relations with China for dispatch of copies of Holy Qur’an to that country as Muslims there were in great need of access to the message of ALLAH, especially after liberalization policy of China pertaining to freedom of Religion. The request of Turkish scholar was granted and consignments of Holy Qur’an sent to China but this writer in the heart of hearts felt that only few Muslims there will be able to read the Holy Qur’an. What they needed more than copies of Qur’an were teachers (Qaris) who could teach Qur’an to children, adults as well as elders.
- By the grace of ALLAH, this problem has now been solved by the Internet as millions of Muslims in China, Russia, Argentina, Brazil and elsewhere who are ignorant about basic Qur’anic teachings can learn Qur’an through online computer network while sitting in their homes. All that they need is a computer or laptop with headphone and internet connection (which is quite affordable as it is a life-time investment of about 500 US Dollars) for interaction with the teacher to comprehend and correctly pronounce/recite Arabic words of the Holy Qur’an. NOOR CENTRE Website www.freelearningquran.com is high tech online Qur’an Tutoring service that enables Parents and their kids to learn to read the Holy Qur’an with Tajweed (principles of recitation ) in one to one Qur’an classes with a live Qur’an teacher. Students of all ages can take these Qur’an learning classes and select time according to their own personal convenience. They can even take their classes while on a journey on their laptop. The online teaching environment also helps them to study in a more relaxed mood, save money on traveling and avoid all the related discomfort and hazards of traffic.
- This Online Qur’an teaching programme has been specially designed for benefitting those persons who cannot go to Mosque/Islamic School regularly to learn Qur’an. It is now possible for everyone to learn, read and understand Qur’an online while sitting at home and is convenient, secure and time-saving. Audio and screen sharing software (Skype & Team Viewer) enable the teacher and student to communicate and see the same Qur’an lesson on their computer screen during Qur’an classes. At an agreed time, tutor and student come online. Both have audio link Skype Software and lesson pages are shared on their computer screens through using Team Viewer software. Tutor can highlight letters and words of Qur’anic script to enhance the understanding of the student. All of our tutors (under the guidance and able leadership of Executive Director, Dr. Zamir Akhtar Khan) are highly qualified, well-trained and bear excellent moral character. The medium of instruction is Urdu, English, Spanish and Arabic, depending on the preference of worthy students.
- Parents willing to introduce their children to the treasure of knowledge, wisdom and virtues revealed in the Holy Qur’an are welcome to register them with us. Registration Form can be filled and submitted at our Website. There is no registration/ admission or tuition fee. Besides, this is a golden chance for the elderly persons who somehow could not learn Qur’an during their childhood and who hesitate from taking face to face classes with young students (in Mosque/Islamic School) to benefit from privacy offered in our online one to one sessions. Please feel free to contact us for any additional information or question at our E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- we have also acquired the services of an experienced lady Qur’anic teacher assisted by a qualified theologian (Aalimah) who speaks fluent English and happens to be distinguished wife of our Executive Director, Dr. Zamir Akhtar Khan (Cell:+92 333 5202722), being himslf a renowned scholar. Interested female students are advised to contact for registration at her email address: email@example.com.
- Our experience shows that one-to-one online Qur’an teaching is effective, engaging and useful especially for those Muslim children and adults living in non-Muslim countries who have no access to a Masjid (Mosque) or Islamic school for learning the basic rules of recitation of the Holy Qur’an. Kindly take advantage of this facility offered for the sake of Divine Reward:
(وَمَا اَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ اَجْرٍ اِنْ اَجْرِيَ اِلَّا عَلَىٰ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِين (الشعراء: ١٢٧)
“And I ask of you no wage therefor; my wage is the concern only of the Lord of the Worlds.”(Al-Qur’an, 26:164)
- On our request, Dr. Muhammad al-Ghazali, Professor, Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University, Islamabad, has graciously agreed to extend his full cooperation and support to the Noor Centre for learning Qur’an. His is available at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any errors or omissions in the teaching programme may please be pointed out for rectification. Furthermore suggestions for improvement are most welcome.
Noor Centre for learning Qur’an
Rajab 1, 1432 Hijri
(14th June, 2011)
* * * * *